We as a human are rare species, buying something to decorate our home or something to wear is a hard decision for us, we think hundred times before making a purchase, but we give a little thought before putting something in our mouth.
We are a generation of people living in extremes. We either eat without keeping a check on what can it so to our health or we either deprive ourselves of the good things nature has to serve. Little do we know that the answer to our questions lies in the balance. Click here to see the list of food that will bring health to your family.
What Is A Healthy And Balanced Diet?
This may be a question not all of us know the answer to, but with a little of concern and research, you can be more aware of how to gain the perfect blend of food to live smartly and with good health.
A balanced diet is that planned meal that contains all the necessary nutrients that you gain from fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes, lean proteins, nuts and whole grains.
People ask me that how you keep yourself and your family healthy without dieting or supplements and I always tell them to know their body type and learn when to have what to get the maximum benefit of the food and to satisfy your taste buds.
It is vital to learn the amount of calorie intake that is important to you. The following calorie intake is based on United States Department of Agriculture guidelines:
- Children ages 2 to 8 years: 1,000 to 1,400 calories
- Girls ages 9 to 13 years: 1,400 to 1,600 calories
- Boys ages 9 to 13 years: 1,600 to 2,000 calories
- Active women ages 14 to 30 years: 2,400 calories
- Inactive women ages 14 to 30 years: 1,800 to 2,000 calories
- Active men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,800 to 3,200 calories
- Inactive men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,000 to 2,600 calories
- Active men and women over 30 years: 2,000 to 3,000 calories
- Inactive men and women over 30 years: 1,600 to 2,400 calories
- Avoid taking empty calories from cakes and doughnuts and try making healthy choices on a daily basis but of course, treating yourself every once in a while can do no harm.
In the recent times, we have witnessed obesity growing so fast that we could not even realize it is becoming a bomb within our society. Our busy schedules and newly flourished food industry have taken our taste buds hostage, and we almost feel helpless but to eat all that junk that is best to be avoided.
A healthy and balanced diet is important to avoid the diseases like cardiovascular, cancer and diabetics. These diseases are deadly and are spreading way too quickly and need to be stopped before it is too late.
How to Keep a Balanced and Healthy Life
We all were once afraid of fat intake. but with the passing time, we came to know that fats are important. In fact, they are essential to lose weight but to know which fat is good and which is not, can be a hard decision to make.
Following is the list of food to include in your diet to keep it right on track.
Fruits- to give your body your required sugar and that too naturally.
- Collard greens
- Sunflower seeds
- Green beans
- Swiss chard
Author bio: Michelle Hannan is a nutritionist, and she’s on a mission to give you all the information you need to lose weight successfully. She also blogs regularly at https://www.hcgdietinfo.net/